Biennial exhibition “Zvilgsnis i save” (“Introspection”) is a traditional event of contemporary of Lithuanian architecture, organized by Architects Association of Lithuania for the 7th time.
The aim of the exhibition-competition is to review and analyze current trends, to evaluate the quality of contemporary Lithuanian architecture, and to award the 5 best projects.
5 winners – authors of the best projects – are awarded with a sculpture “1/5 Metre”.
The exhibition presents architectural projects (implemented and not implemented projects as well as awarded competition entries), designed by Lithuanian architects in our country and abroad during 2015-2016.
The exhibition is open to the projects of various scale and program, such as multifunctional complexes, public/cultural buildings and spaces, administrative, commercial buildings, housing, individual houses and urban visions. Student’s graduation projects and interior projects are not accepted. The works, which had been presented in previous editions of “Introspection”, are excluded too (except for the objects which had been presented as non-implemented projects in previous editions of the exhibition).
All the participants are invited to submit any quantity of their projects, designed or implemented in 2015-2016 online.
The exhibition consists of an outdoor exhibition (presented in Laisves Av., Kaunas), a web-site with a virtual exhibition and a catalogue.
5 best projects were selected by an international jury:
- Lukasz Zagala (Poland) – co-founder, partner at „Medusa group“.
- Katrin Koov (Estija) – President of the Estonian Association of Architects. Co-founder of „Kavakava“, partner until 2014. Estonian State Cultural Award 2013 for Narva college project. Editor-in-chief of the architectural magazine „Maja“.
- Martins Jaunromans (Latvia) – Co-founder, partner at „Jaunromans & Abele“. National Awards of Latvian architecture in 2016 (project „Dzintars concerts hall in Jurmala“), 2015 (project apartment building in Old Riga) and 2012 (view terrace in Garden of Destinies).
- Clear concept, consistency and excellence of the design, harmony with the surroundings, appropriateness of the means (materials, textures, colors, details etc.), functionality;
- Innovativeness, originality (presenting new typology, invention or use of new technologies, discoveries in architecture’s style, “placeness” of the design);
- Impact on urban or natural environment (social, economical, environmental, visual, semantic aspects);
- Rationality and feasibility of the design, quality of ideas’ implementation.
The Awards evening was be held on 21st October 2016 in Kaunas (the headquarters of KAFe 2016). It finalized the Kaunas architecture festival 2016 (KAFe 2016). Before the Awards event public lectures by the Jury members were held.
87 projects selected by the Jury are be published in a printed book that was presented during the Awards event.
Download the pdf of the book (PDF, 28MB).
Rūta Leitanaitė, curator – tel. +370 615 72309, e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org